Thursday, May 24, 2007

Finally, I got a Plumbing Job!


That's right folks, I just accepted my new job at the plumbing shop! I recieved a call yesterday afternoon, and the manager at a very reputable plumbing contractor has offered me a job starting on Monday. This is too good of an opportunity for me to pass up, so I said yes!


I am not going to be officially quitting my job at the shelter, as Sr. Lucinda will be keeping me on the payroll in some capacity as a Crisis Intervention Worker. Hopefully, I can cover some weekend graveyard shifts taht no one else will take, or help in some other way.


The job pays quite well, is Monday to Friday, and they work on new houses and condos, which is what I wanted to get into in the first place! I start working in the warehouse for the first month, and then they will be signing me up as an apprentice after that. All I have to do to ensure an apprenticeship is show up for work on time, and put in a hard day's work.


I want to especially thank all our family and friends who have been helping us look for work and keeping us in prayer. Even though I have been working hard at putting my resume through to everywhere I could, and have been beating the pavement for months now, it still feels like this job dropped out of the sky. And with Lurana Shelter being so darn good about me abruptly changing my role from full time to relief worker, I could not have asked for a better opportunity.


It has been a while since I was wearing steel-toes to a job, and I am really looking forward to being in a labour-type job again; I will let everyone know how it all goes after my first week!


Peace,


Will

4 Comments:

At 10:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's fantastic! Congratulations! I hope it works out well.

 
At 10:34 p.m., Anonymous Brooklyn plumber said...

That is really nice.You must be really good at that. Plumbers should be equipped with the right knowledge and expertise.

 
At 11:49 a.m., Anonymous plumbing said...

I totally agree, plumbing is a very important part of housekeeping.

 
At 12:07 p.m., Anonymous Long island plumber said...

Interesting article. Plumbing is a very important aspect in all phases of housekeeping

 

Post a Comment

<< Home