Monday, March 26, 2007

A Good Interview

So, I just had an interview for a plumbing apprenticeship this morning, with a residential plumbing outfit in St. Albert. I really felt good about it; there are two other candidates for the position, and I am supposed to phone the boss tomorrow morning to see if I have a job. He told me that they indenture the apprentices right away, so there is no "trial" period as a general labourer. I really appreciated hearing that, because until you are contracted as an apprentice, there is virtually no guarantee that they actually will give you an apprenticeship.It is a 45 hour work week, with some possibilities for overtime and piecework, but the boss said he doesn't like overworking his crew, so there will only be occasional weekend work.

The employer sounded very positive, and the details on the job were exactly what I wanted to hear.

So I will be sure to let everyone know what is happening tomorrow, until then, please keep me in your prayers!

-Will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home