Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Well, The 25th has come and gone, but the Christmas Season is still definately upon us! I hope everyone is having a great holiday.

I'm currently sitting at my desk at the shelter, as I had to work and evening shift today. Jeanne worked this morning, but is back at home right now with Isaac and my Mom and Dad. They came this week to help look after Isaac, as our day home provider is on vacation this week. Mom and Dad leave on Saturday, so it will be a good visit for them. This is the first Christmas in 4 years that I have spent with my folks!

The only big news with me is that I sort of hurt my back at work lifting christmas presents off a shelf, (yes, I know that back injuries at work are the most preventable of injuries...I have been reminded of that fact by a suprisingly large amount of people). I took a few days off of work, and the doctor was a little worried about my weak, flabbio back muscles, so I'm going to be hitting the gym a little more often come January when my back has healed up.

The shelter is thankfully quiet this Christmas, and all the residents that are here are nearing their three week stay, so there is not a whole lot of paperwork to do tonight. I was making supper tonight, as our chef is on holidays. I made turkey pot pie - for 30 people! it was extra tasty, and it used up a lot of our leftovers.

Isaac had a wonderful time at Christmas, he is especially fond of the fluffy yellow chair that Jeanne and I bought him. He will grab a book in the evening, and sit in his chair, and he is happy as a clam!

I'll do my best to download the most recent pictures as soon as I can.

Take care, and I will post some pictures really soon. Please be sure to let me know how you are all doing!

- Will

2 Comments:

At 8:16 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane and I are doing fairly well. We spent Christmas in BC with her family, getting a little tour of the lower mainland and then a couple days up in PG for good measure. It was busy, and we spent a lot of time driving various places, but it was good.

 
At 11:11 a.m., Blogger Andrew said...

I had a great and relaxing Christmas. I got your Christmas card just after the 25th I think...looks great. Isaac is going to get all the chicks...

I've started something new for the new year...I'm working at Money Concepts as IT System Support and Efficiency Expert (part time), and the other part time I'm starting up a web design company. Still working on a good name for the company though...

I'll try to keep my blog a little more updated.

God Bless,
Andrew

 

Post a Comment

<< Home