Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Workin' on the Nightshift

Ah, graveyards...

I haven't worked a nightshift at the shelter for a few months now, and it really shows. By about 3AM, your brain really starts turning into mush. Now, for most jobs with graveyard shifts, this would not be a problem. At the shelter, however, this seems to be the time that many women are in need of intensive counselling and support. Now, who wants to talk to a mushy brained counsellor? So, talk with the ladies, mop the floors, clean bedrooms&bathrooms, paperwork, and try not to fall asleep. Not hard at all!

I had Isaac with me all day today, and he is teething really bad, so we were being grumps with each other. Teething really sucks, and I feel really bad for Isaac, because I can see how much it is hurting :(

The good news is that work will be going by very quickly in the next two weeks, then we go to Prince George to visit my mom and dad and see their new house. I need this break so bad; I haven't had much time off this year, and I am really getting tired.

I keep telling myself that as soon as I get my degree I'll never do shiftwork again.

Sorry for my late night pity party!

Bye for now.

2 Comments:

At 6:25 a.m., Blogger Andrew said...

Still no new posts? Whats going on? Have you adopted my philosophy of
"Start slow and then taper off"?

Hope things are going well for you. Adios

 
At 11:38 a.m., Blogger Will & Jeanne & Isaac said...

Well, seeing as Sgt. Andrew of the blog police thinks I have been tardy with my posts, I'll try to get an update tonight. Although commenting on the size of Isaac's diaper still just doesn't seem quite as cool as travelling through Europe (how many times have you gone now, Andrew? :) or chilling out in Clark Kent's bedroom. I do have some very cool pictures of our trip to PG over Labour Day (sorry for anyone that did not get a phone call, this was our first trip in two years, so it was booked up with family visits!) I'll save it all for the post tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home