Tuesday, March 27, 2007

...Actually, a Bad Interview

Well, as it turns out, I didn't get the job. One of the other candidates had a year's plumbing experience under his belt, and there is no way I could compete with that. So, I continue to look for the next great opportunity. With the Shelter's annual fundraiser and gala coming in the next few months, I feel that it would be bad form for me to change jobs in the middle of preparation. I think I will stick around for a while longer, at least until the gala is over with. That being said, I still really want to learn plumbing, so hopefully everything will work out well.

Thank you everyone for your prayers, and I humbly ask that you continue to pray for me (and Jeanne and Isaac), as I continue to look for a fair-minded plumbing contractor.

For those of you who don't know already, mt dad busted up his foot really bad at work last week...he was supervising the crusher crew at a large mine in BC, and he slipped on the ice the other day, and broke his ankle very, very badly. He went into surgery, and they fixed him up pretty good, but he is out of commission for the next 8 weeks or so. Please keep him in your prayers as well, if you can!

- Will

6 Comments:

At 1:30 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really unfortunate, Will. Hopefully something comes up soon.

See you Friday!

 
At 2:22 p.m., Blogger Will & Jeanne & Isaac said...

Hey Andy!

I am also really excited that you are coming on friday. Jeanne said that Adam might be coming with you? That's great! I haven't seen Adam in ages! I can't wait till friday, hopefully you will not choke on my food :)

 
At 7:39 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will,
Why didn't you tell us you were interested in being a plumber when we were in town? (I even asked you about career stuff, so you have no excuse....) Aside from satisfying my undying nosiness, we could have told you that one of our groomsmen is currently a plumber in Edmonton. We would be happy to put the two of you in contact if you want.

 
At 9:18 a.m., Blogger Will & Jeanne & Isaac said...

Hi Jen,

Yeah, sorry about that. I was really not feeling so hot about career conversation at the time, and now I feel a little stupid for not saying anything about my so far failed attempts at getting into a skilled trade. Is your friend a journeyman? It would be fantastic if you could connect us up; I think my biggest problem right now is that I just don't know anyone in Edmonton personally...so they are all looking at me like a fool coming into the interview as a desk-job social worker.

 
At 8:12 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Will, Jeanne & Isaac. It's Line & Catherine. In case you haven't heard already, I just wanted to send you a quick message to let you know that we moved to Red Deer in September. I have been reading some of your blog entries. Sounds like you and Jeanne have got lots of stuff on the go. Take care of yourselves. I will keep in touch and keep you in my prayers.

 
At 4:54 p.m., Blogger Will & Jeanne & Isaac said...

Hi Line! I haven't heard from you in a long time! I hope things are going really well in Red Deer! Things are pretty busy, but I think I make them sound more hectic than they really are. I hope you guys are having a great Easter Season, keep in touch :)
- Will

 

Post a Comment

<< Home